Janet has studied Classical Russian Ballet under Vitale Fokine, world renowned Ballet Master; Nicholas Petrov, Founder and Artistic Director of the Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre; Franco Jelincic, Ballet Master and Teacher for Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre; Edward Caton, Distinguished Professor and Pedagogue for Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre; Alexander Filipov, of the Moiseyev’s Russian Classical Ballet; and Patricia Klekovic, Principal Dancer and Ballet Mistress with Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre.
In 1976, Janet received a full scholarship to the Governor School for the Arts at Bucknell University, studying under Barbara Sandonato and Alexei Uydenich, stars of the Pennsylvania Ballet.
She has been teaching for over 35 years, Classical Russian Ballet-Voganova Method, along with Balanchine Technique to a wide variety of students:
• Pre-school children through pre-professional youth levels
• Beginner adults and more advanced adult levels which include pointe
• Figure skaters and gymnasts who require strength and stretching, ballet technique and dance movement to enhance their specialized athletic skills
• Individual students seeking private training who require polished ballet technique and choreography for specific auditions, specialized productions or performances
• Adults of all ages who desire to enhance their knowledge, well-being and current, personal workout program
• Youth and teens involved in team sports programs who wish to increase skills and possibly decrease injuries through furthering their development of strength, stamina, flexibility, agility and balance
Teaching credits include Point Park University, Carnegie Institute, Community College of Allegheny County, Pittsburgh Youth Ballet, Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness Center, Southwest Ballet, and Center for Theater Arts
September 2012, certified Masala Bhangra Workout® Ambassador.
June 2014, Primary Personal Trainer Certification
June 2014, Group Exercise Instructor